Some of you will be on continuous medication for your conditions. We are happy to offer a service for you to receive repeat prescriptions on request.
We would ask that you allow at least 48 hours for us to check your prescription is still appropriate and to issue a new script ready for picking up.
We will accept repeat prescription requests as follows:
- Online via the link at the top of this page; please note new users are required to complete a simple registration – ask at reception for details.
- The tear off printed portion of your previous prescription. Please tick the items you require. If you do not tick any items, we will assume that you need the whole list. This can prove very wasteful of expensive drug treatments.
- A written list of the required items with your name, date of birth and the names of the required medication. These can be left at reception, or posted to us.
We respectfully request that you do not ask to order repeat prescriptions over the ‘phone – wrongly heard information can lead to dangerous mistakes.
If you wish us to mail the new prescription back to you, please enclose a stamped, self-addressed envelope and allow time for delays in the post.
You may have noticed a review date at the bottom of your repeat medication list. This tells you when you need to see the doctor before you can order any more medication, and we would request that you follow this.
Do you have a repeat prescription? If so please read the below information about important changes to the ordering process
Some of our patients manage their own repeat prescriptions by placing their requests with the GP practice or by ordering them online. However, other patients use a pharmacy service to place their repeat prescription order on their behalf.
If you currently use a pharmacy service to order your repeat prescriptions, this is now changing.
What is changing?
From 3rd October 2017 we will no longer accept repeat prescription requests from your pharmacy.
You (or your carer/nominated family member/friend) will have to order your repeat prescription from the practice.
How do I order my prescription from my GP practice?
Your prescription will need to be ordered using one of the following options:
1. Drop off or post to us the tick slip – this is the white right-hand side of your prescription (see image below) selecting only the items you need. If you don’t have your slip please put your request in writing listing the medications you require (this should include the full name and strength)
2. Ordering online - it is easier than you think and we at the practice will help you to set this up, meaning you can order 24/7. For further details on how to access online ordering please speak to us.
3. Mobile Applications – There are free mobile apps such as patient access that you can download which enable you to order your medications. For further details on how to access online ordering please speak to us
Unfortunately we are unable to take prescription requests over the phone
as mistakes are more likely due to:
- Confusion with drug name pronunciation
- Errors made when writing out the request