AS WE NOW ENTER THE FIRST PHASE OF REMOVING CERTAIN LOCKDOWN RESTRICTIONS PLEASE CAN WE REQUEST THAT YOU CONTINUE TO STAY AWAY FROM THE SURGERY UNLESS YOU HAVE BEEN REQUESTED TO COME IN BY GP/NURSE OR ADMIN. IT IS IMPORTANT THAT WE CONTINUE TO OFFER SURGERY CENTERED HEALTHCARE IN A SAFE ENVIRONMENT THEREFORE PLEASE REQUEST REPEAT PRESCRIPTIONS BY EMAIL OR ROYAL MAIL POST. IF YOU NEED TO DISCUSS ANY OTHER ISSUE WITH US PLEASE EITHER USE eConsult BY CLICKING BELOW OR CALL US (0151 643 6700) DURING OUR OPENING HOURS
PLEASE NOTE: We now have a facebook page. Please can you like and share: https://www.facebook.com/St-Catherines-Surgery-104209844630478
Welcome to St Catherine’s Surgery
We are a family orientated practice based in the heart of the community, committed to delivering quality healthcare in an open and friendly manner.
We take a patient-centred approach to healthcare promoting the partnership between clinician and patient and strive to improve the healthcare of our patients, working collaboratively with other multi-disciplinary teams and our patients.
We recognise the challenges faced by our patients and make clinical decisions in a responsible, innovative and efficient manner based on best medical practice and guidance.
- Please do not attend your GP Practice if you have symptoms associated with coronavirus including a new continuous cough and a high temperature. You are advised to stay at home. For any queries you have in relation to Covid-19 self-isolation and the impact or a sick note for work, please hang up and visit Gov.uk/corona virus or the NHS111 website.
- If your symptoms are serious, or get worse, NHS 111 has an online coronavirus service that can tell you if you need further medical help and advise you what to do.
- Only call 111 direct if you cannot go online, or are advised to do so by the online service.
- If you have any queries regarding shielding and/ or social distancing please click here to see our current advice.
- Click here for MacMillan service advice regarding coronavirus and your cancer treatment.
Want a GP appointment because you are unwell other than Coronavirus symptoms
Please complete an eConsult by clicking here.
Alternatively you can call us on 0151 643 6700 during our Surgery Opening Times. We apologise now if there is a delay in us answering your call, please bear with us as we are working hard to deal with all your queries. We would be grateful if you could listen carefully to the answer phone message to ensure you need to speak to us.
For prescription requests YOU MUST NOT come into Surgery and we are unable to take your request over the phone. Please choose from one of the options below:-
- You can use online access if you are registered
- You or someone on your behalf can send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) - just make sure you include your name date of birth and the medication you need
- You can post via Royal Mail (St Catherine’s Surgery, 1st & 2nd Floor, Wing 4, St Catherine’s Health Centre, Church Road, Birkenhead, CH42 0LQ). We would advise that you post you request when you have no less than 10 days of medication left.
Your prescription will be sent to your nominated pharmacy – please advise us of your chemist choice if you don't have one. We endeavour to complete your prescription request within our 2 working days, although due to the current strain on services, there may be a delay. We cannot accept prescription requests earlier than 7 days in advance or requests for increase of usual quantities due to NHS guidelines.
- For Non Coronavirus sick note please request these using the eConsult admin option on this website
- We do not provide sick notes for self-isolation or COVID 19 symptoms. Please see Gov.uk/coronavirus for more information.
- You will not be able to collect your sick note from the surgery – we will instead email it back to you
Thank you for your cooperation and patience at this time.
The Health Centre is DDA compliant. Disabled toilets are available in the waiting rooms. If you have any individual requirements please advise reception.
(Site updated 27/05/2020)