PLEASE NOTE: we are open as usual on Bank holiday Friday and Monday .Patients can contact the Practice for urgent problems rather than using NHS111. The advice is still the same for patients who have Covid symptoms to contact 111
Welcome to St Catherine’s Surgery
We are a family orientated practice based in the heart of the community, committed to delivering quality healthcare in an open and friendly manner.
We take a patient-centred approach to healthcare promoting the partnership between clinician and patient and strive to improve the healthcare of our patients, working collaboratively with other multi-disciplinary teams and our patients.
We recognise the challenges faced by our patients and make clinical decisions in a responsible, innovative and efficient manner based on best medical practice and guidance.
- Please do not attend your GP Practice if you have symptoms associated with coronavirus including a new continuous cough and a high temperature. You are advised to stay at home. For any queries you have in relation to Covid-19 self-isolation and the impact or a sick note for work, please hang up and visit Gov.uk/corona virus or the NHS111 website.
- If your symptoms are serious, or get worse, NHS 111 has an online coronavirus service that can tell you if you need further medical help and advise you what to do.
- Only call 111 direct if you cannot go online, or are advised to do so by the online service.
- If you have any queries regarding shielding and/ or social distancing please click here to see our current advice.
- Click here for MacMillan service advice regarding coronavirus and your cancer treatment.
Want a GP appointment because you are unwell other than Coronavirus symptoms
All patients needing a GP appointment can complete an “e consult” on this website or call the surgery. There may be a delay in us answering your call due to volume and we ask that you be patient and listen to the answer phone message to ensure you need to speak to us.
For prescription requests please use online access, email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or post (St Catherine’s Surgery, 1st & 2nd Floor, Wing 4, St Catherine’s Health Centre, Church Road, Birkenhead, CH42 0LQ). At present we are unable to take prescription requests over the phone or at the counter.
Your prescription will be sent to your nominated pharmacy – please advise us of your chemist choice if you don't have one. We endeavour to complete your prescription request within our 2 working days, although due to the current strain on services, there may be a delay. We cannot accept prescription requests earlier than 7 days in advance or requests for increase of usual quantities due to NHS guidelines.
- For any other sick note please request these using the E-Consult admin option on this website
- We do not provide sick notes for self-isolation or COVID 19 symptoms. Please see Gov.uk/coronavirus for more information.
- You will not be able to collect your sick note from the surgery – we will instead email it back to you
Thank you for your cooperation and patience at this time.
- The Health Centre is DDA compliant. Disabled toilets are available in the waiting rooms. If you have any individual requirements please advise reception.
- Blood Test Changes
- You may have heard that blood test services are changing from 1st July 2018. Service will continue as normal, St Catherine’s Surgery will continue to provide blood tests in-house for our patients.
(Site updated 08/04/2020)